Saturday, September 25, 2010

Friends, Romans, and countrymen….I’ll try to catch y’all up on my life in Cherry Creek since last time. It’s gonna sound random and chopped up, but anyways.

· We had 3 days off of school for Labor Day, so that was a nice break. Eagle Butte (a city about 45 minutes from here) had a Labor Day Parade, and, since most of Cherry Creek is there, we decided to decorate our truck and take it through the parade. We ended up getting rained out, but we still had a lot of fun.

· A few weeks ago, we watched a DVD about Native Tribes Missions. Seeing such poor, isolated countries and the missions there makes me feel so fortunate that I was called to a place with so many conveniences – It’s so easy for me to take it for granted and feel like I “deserve” it. Something on the movie that really struck me went something like this, “What you want to be is not important. What matters is what you are willing to become.”

· Our dear dog Sergeant Maranckerson is still alive and well and now has a doghouse =) Troy built one under our back steps – that very night it rained, so it worked out just perfect. Troy left Wednesday to go back home; he was just here for the summer.

· Eugene and Elaine Weaver are planning to be here in about 2 weeks. It will be good to see them and also to get my huge suitcase of belongings they are bringing out!

· A verse that has really encouraged me recently is Isaiah 48:17, “This is what the Lord says – your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: ‘I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go’.”

· I take the kindergarteners home at lunchtime, and when I dropped Kyson off today, he was was singing, “Yes, Jesus loves me! The Bible tells me so!” That just totally made my day. Sometimes teaching can be discouraging, but little things like that is what makes it worth it. Thanks for your prayers!


Here's the link to some pictures....http://picasaweb.google.com/107725585786261891629/Blog2#


Later, Laura

1 comment:

  1. wow..love the pic of the deer..makes me miss deer season all the more

    ReplyDelete