Friday, November 12, 2010

We haven’t been to town for a pretty long time – I’m craving some Wi-fi! :) The Veteran’s Pow-Wow is this weekend, so we don’t have school tomorrow (Friday). Since it’s a whole day adventure when we go to town, it will be very nice to be able to go on Friday and still have Saturday to get our other things done before another week begins.

I’m sitting in my living room, looking back over what all has happened in the last couple weeks. Here’s a few of the things that have been keeping me and the rest of the mission team out of trouble:

-October 22 was the end of the first quarter at school, so we took the kids on a field trip to the Discovery Center in Pierre. Then we got them all kid’s meals from McDonald’s and ate in a park. The weather was gorgeous, so it was a perfect day for that.

- That evening, Mr. Alvin Byers’ came to visit me. I had looked forward to seeing them for a long time and had a lot of fun with them - off-roading in our old Taurus to show them prairie dogs, beef cattle, Cherry Creek, Cheyenne River, and all the other “tourist attractions” here.

- That Saturday, Lee and Bruce Hilty came for the weekend. We played volleyball out by the river using a row of cowpies for the net. That was definitely a highlight :)

- Erma, a lady who taught here for 9 years, and her nieces Twila and Marlese were here last weekend to bring Christmas bundles from some churches in Nebraska.

- We got snow maybe 2 weeks ago or so. But after that, it really warmed up. Now it’s getting colder again.

- Winter Bible Study’s keep us all a little busier. The women’s is on Monday’s and the men’s is on Thursday’s. Each week, I either babysit, make snack, or lead the singing.

- We are looking forward to a lot of company over the next few weeks. Some are coming to go hunting and some of the former staff are coming just to visit.

Well, that’s a little look into my life. Thank you for praying for me as I strive to fulfill my responsiblies here. I am so thankful to God for faithfully helping me through each day. I am certain I could not have made it through these 3 months without Him by my side. I ask for your continued prayer support as I teach. The last couple weeks, especially this past week, have been extremely challenging as try to meet the needs of each of my students. “But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. FOR WHEN I AM WEAK, THEN I AM STRONG.” 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

I’m going to add something that Carmen sent me. It just blesses my soul every time I read it...hopefully it will bless you also.

For Such A Time As This

For such a time as this I brought you here.

Before the world was formed I planned you.

I chose your gifts and dreamed of their use.

I thought of places I wanted you to use them.

I added weaknesses, for I know that when you are weak,

You can cry out to Me. Then you will be strong.

I planned your location, your family, your contacts,

And, oh, how I hoped you would see them,

Really see them as I do – with passion and a dream.

I knew the circumstances that would affect your life,

And I hoped that you would see them as opportunities to grow,

To share, to listen to your heart as it cries out to me.

I loved you. I wanted you. So I planned you.

And now, as you face this obstacle, this mountain in your path,

Never forget that I planned for you to be right here, right now,

For such a time as this.


http://picasaweb.google.com/107725585786261891629/Blog4#

Love and miss y’all, Laura

1 comment: